[Tutor] my modules idle doesn't list functions python3.3

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:08:28 CET 2014

On 05/02/2014 11:53, Ian D wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Python 2.7
>
> If I create my own modules and call them with
>
> import sys
> sys.path.append("d:\modules")
>
> import myMod
>
> and use tab to autocomplete I get a list functions.
> myMod.    <---- if I tab this I get a list of my functions
>
> (This only works if I have  ran program at least once, then it seems to
> have loaded the module and can display its functions)
>
> But if I use Python 3.3
> It does not display the functions using autocomplete
>
> Anyone know if this is fixable?

The default Python interpeter on Windows doesn't come with built-in
autocomplete functionality. You're may be using an IDE or extended
interpreter (including the batteries-included IDLE). Or on 2.7 you've
installed the pyreadline module which I think the IPython project now
maintains. You'd need to install that again for 3.x.

TJG