[Tutor] Performing an union of two files containing keywords

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Mon Feb 17 14:05:24 CET 2014

On 02/17/2014 05:29 AM, spir wrote:
> On 02/17/2014 10:07 AM, Aaron Misquith wrote:
>> I have 2 different text files.
>>
>> File1.txt contains:
>>
>> file
>> RAMPython
>> parser
>>
>> File2.txt contains:
>>
>> file1234
>> program
>>
>> I want to perform an union of these both files such that i get an output
>> file3.txt which contains:
>>
>> file
>> RAMPython
>> parser1234
>> program
>
> I don't understand the logic of your "union" (???) at all. Is your
> example correct? A naive union in the naive sense would _here_ keep all
> items, since they are all different, and certainly not compose a
> non-existant one "parser1234".

AHA, the mysterious "html" conversion error strikes again.  Since Aaron
erroneously (and presumably unknowingly) posted in html, and you view it
(as most do, and all should) as text, Aaron's email program erroneously
lost some of the whitespace markings, and totally distorted the meaning.

But "that ship has already sailed", so we have to live with it without
mention.

--
DaveA