[Tutor] could please convert this code to 3.X by using 2to3

S Tareq stareq13 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 21:57:32 CET 2014

sorry, is there any other way to convert the coding

On Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 20:41, Zachary Ware <zachary.ware+pytut at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM, S Tareq <stareq13 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i am to convert coding to python 3.X. and some one told me to use 2to3
> program but  i don't how to use 2to3 program i was reading and followed the
> rules in python website (
> http://docs.python.org/3/library/2to3.html?highlight=2to3#module-lib2to3 )
> but it says error and don't work. is there any other way to convert. the
> original coding is used 2.7 python version. can you please help to convert
> this in any way. **sorry for bad English**  this is the coding:

<snip code>

A few general points to try to help you:

- Don't spam the same question in several different threads, and
especially don't privately email list participants with the same
question.  Doing so is likely to get you ignored by people who would
otherwise be quite happy to help you.

- Don't ask people on this list to do something for you.  We're here
to teach, not do.

- When you have an error, post the exact error, in context.  If it's a
shell (including Windows Command Prompt) error, give the command line
you tried.  If it's a Python traceback, give the whole traceback.
Don't try to retype the error, copy and paste it.  If you're on
Windows and can't copy from the Command Prompt, use "Mark" from the
right click menu, and press Enter when you have highlighted what you
want to copy.  Without knowing what the error is, "it says error and
don't work" could mean any number of things.

- Try reading this: http://docs.python.org/3/howto/pyporting.html#use-2to3

- Keep in mind that there are some things that the 2to3 tool can't
convert, and so you may have to do some editing before or after
conversion, or both.

- Post in plain text, not HTML.  Some responders here don't get the
message at all if it includes HTML, and it's annoying to several
others.  We try to be friendly around here, but sometimes the most
friendliness we (individually) can muster is to ignore posts that
annoy us.  Help us help you, and we'll be happy to teach you whatever
you need to know!

--
Zach

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org