[Tutor] Function help

Scott W Dunning swdunning at cox.net
Mon Feb 24 02:47:09 CET 2014

On Feb 23, 2014, at 5:31 AM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:

> similarly to python-list,  and has many of the same people on it.
> I'm not sure how you tried to attach source,  but please be aware
> that this is a text list - anything other than plain text will
> probably be invisible or inconvenient to someone. Just paste
> snippets inline when needed.
I actually forgot to paste the code before I sent the email.

> What you're looking for is a loop. for and while are the two
> keywords for looping.  In this case,  since you know how many
> times you want to go round, loop is appropriate. Build a
> collection or iterator of length 5, and loop over it. range is
> designed for the purpose:
>
> for index in range (5):
>     dosomething
>     moresomething (index)
Thank you for this help.  I believe I understand.  At least enough to do a simple loop for what I need.  I’ll check back and paste my code after and maybe you can tell me if there is anything I could be doing better/easier.

Thanks again!!

Scott