[Tutor] Copying [was Re: What's in a name?]

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:10:49 CET 2014

On 01/04/2014 07:24 AM, Keith Winston wrote:
> I had heard about deep/shallow copies, though in
> this particular example (all int dicts), I don't think there's a
> difference...?

There's none, you're right. It's only whenever inner items (fields, etc...)
themselves are complex elements and mutable. Else, mutations on original items
would show on copies, and conversely. But when htere are simple items only, or
immutable (tuples, strings...) the ambiguity does not exist.

Denis