[Tutor] simple arg problem

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Sat Jan 4 18:21:41 CET 2014

On 2014-01-03 20:45, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 09:56:25PM -0500, Keith Winston wrote:
  >>>

> Eryksun has already solved your immediate problem, but I'd like to
> point
> out that the above has a couple of code smells.
>
> Are you familiar with the concept of a code smell? Code which smells
> wrong might not be wrong, but it's worth giving it a good hard long
> look
> just to be sure. Like Grandma used to say about your nappies, "If it
> stinks, change it", code smells usually suggest there's a problem with
> the code.
>
> http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/05/code-smells.html

In the reference you site, under "Oddball Solution" mention is made of
"adaptor model."
Is this the same as what is described here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93adapter, under
the name of "Model-View-Adaptor?"

I don't understand the connection, so perhaps I got the wrong reference.
Light shed on the issue would be appreciated.
cheers,
Alex