[Tutor] encoding question

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:18:35 CET 2014

On 01/05/2014 08:57 AM, Alex Kleider wrote:
> On 2014-01-04 21:20, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> Oh!  That's unfortunate!  That looks like a bug on the hostip.info
>> side.  Check with them about it.
>>

>> I can't get the source code to whatever is implementing the JSON
>> response, so I can not say why the city is not being properly included
>> there.
>>

>> [... XML rant about to start.  I am not disinterested, so my apologies
>> in advance.]
>>
>> ... In that case... I suppose trying the XML output is a possible
>> approach.
>
> Well, I've tried the xml approach which seems promising but still I get an
> encoding related error.
.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

Note that the (computing) data description format (JSON, XML...) and the textual
format, or "encoding" (Unicode utf8/16/32, legacy iso-8859-* also called
latin-*, ...) are more or less unrelated and independant. Changing the data
description format cannot solve a text encoding issue (but it may hide it, if by
chance the new data description format happened to use the text encoding you
happen to use when reading, implicitely or explicitely).

Denis