[Tutor] garbage collecting

Keith Winston keithwins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 05:41:53 CET 2014

Iirc, Python periodically cleans memory of bits & pieces that are no longer
being used. I periodically do something stupid -- I mean experimental --
and end up with a semi-locked up system. Sometimes it comes back,
sometimes everything after that point runs very slowly, etc.

I just saw where I could do os.system('python'), but in restarting the
interpreter I'd lose everything currently loaded: my real question involves
merely pushing the garbage collector into action, I think.

--
Keith