[Tutor] recursion depth

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Jan 9 16:06:36 CET 2014

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 21:41:41 +1100, Steven D'Aprano
<steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> I presume that your question is aimed at Keith.

> Yes, Keith's emails have a HTML part and a text part. A half-decent
mail
> client should be able to read the text part even if the HTML part
> exists. But I believe you're reading this from gmane's Usenet
mirror, is
> that correct? Perhaps there's a problem with gmane, or your news
client,
> or both.

> Since this is officially a mailing list, HTML mail is discouraged
but
> not strongly discouraged (that ship has sailed a long time ago,
more's
> the pity...) so long as the sender includes a plain text part too.
Which
> Keith does.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's Groundhog's fault. In tutor list, all I see
of Keith ' messages is the 3-line footer. And in python.general I see
nothing for such messages.

I've used outlook express and Thunderbird and xpn for many years
here. But a couple of months ago I switched to an android tablet,
and "Groundhog newsreader" and "Android Usenet" have this problem
with html here. I am using gmane,  but the other gmane sites don't
have this problem.  Instead they show uninterpreted html on
groundhog.  Those sites all happen to be googlegroups,  so that's
another variable.

Anybody know of an android solution?

--
DaveA