[Tutor] Mocking with "mock" in unit testing

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jan 18 01:52:03 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 03:43:58PM +0000, James Chapman wrote:
> Really!
>
> import mock
> import unittest
> import pinger
>
> It should be three lines, but somehow it got all messed up, either
> through rich text formatting or copy paste.

Yes, I see what's going on now, excuse the noise. But this is a good
example of why HTML-based rich text is rubbish.

> Being a bit pedantic now about import statements which are clearly
> unintentionally messed up.

You're asking for help on a mailing list aimed at beginners. It is very
common to have beginners post code which cannot possible run and claim
that it is the version of the code they ran. How are we supposed to tell
which screw ups are unintentional and which are intentional?

--
Steven