[Tutor] downloading Python

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Thu Jan 23 11:07:16 CET 2014

Hi Mackenzi,

My understanding is that all Mac OS X computers have Python installed by
default.  You mentioned that you were starting to learn computers.  Do you
have some familiarity with Terminal?  If so, try 'python' at your terminal.

If not, you probably want a GUI environment to make things more pleasant.
It's a bit late tonight, so I can't check right now; I can check in
tomorrow when my brain is on, if no one else has piped in.

Ignore Mark's poke about Mac OS machines.  He gets grumpy---as do I at
times.  But he has a point in recommending being detailed when describing
problems or errors.  Try including more details, and that will give us more
to work with.

Good luck!