[Tutor] code works in windows command but not ubuntu terminal

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 05:27:46 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> However, there's more to it than this. For starters, you need to decide
> on the exact behaviour. Clearly, "file not found" errors should move on
> to try the next prefix in the path list. But what about permission
> denied errors?

Prior to 3.3, I/O operations raise an IOError, except functions in the
os module raise an OSError. Inspect the exception `errno` attribute
for the error code. Named error constants are available in the errno
module.

3.3 makes IOError an alias for OSError and maps several of the more
common error codes to subclasses that have descriptive names. Here are
some examples where 3.3 OSError returns a sublcass:

    >>> for code in [errno.EPERM, errno.ENOENT,
    ...              errno.EACCES, errno.EISDIR]:
    ...     OSError(code, os.strerror(code))
    PermissionError(1, 'Operation not permitted')
    FileNotFoundError(2, 'No such file or directory')
    PermissionError(13, 'Permission denied')
    IsADirectoryError(21, 'Is a directory')