[Tutor] cgi.FieldStorage() causing thread.error: can't allocate lock

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Sun Jun 1 19:51:29 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:
> Hi Shal,
>
> You may want to report a bug on Python's bug tracker.  What you're
> seeing is unusual enough to warrant sending a bug report upstream.
> Visit:
>
>     http://bugs.python.org/
>
> and send a report.  In the report, please include all the information
> you've shown us here, and hopefully someone there can respond promptly
> to the problem.

Also, I see that you mention:

> The error occurs not frequently, and would still like to understand and resolve it.

In your bug report, If you can quantify how often this fails in terms
of real numbers, that will be _very_ helpful.  Is the system under
heavy load when it fails?  Or do the failures correlate with other
activity?

It may be that some system resource is being exhausted somehow.
Perhaps the number of open files has gone beyond a certain limit.  In
searches for similar issues, I see things like:

    https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-August/027799.html

where it appears there's a very low system limit on HP systems with
regards to number of open files at once.  I can see scenarios where
maxfiles may be exhausted, so that low-level issues start to occur,
and in that scenario, I wouldn't be surprised to see errors like the
ones you're seeing.