[Tutor] Swampy: No module name World , (Steven D'Aprano)(Dave Angel)(Alan Gauld)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 3 15:28:40 CEST 2014

On 03/06/14 00:08, Charles Agriesti wrote:
> Thank you very much for the kind replies.

I see you got it working but there is one thing that rings alarm bells
and could bite in the future....

> What is Swampy?
> It uses Tkinter for gui exercises.
> http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/swampy/
> Module written by Allen Downey to accompany the text 'Think Python'

> Note, 'Think Python' uses Python2, but this computer has both 2 and 3 on
> it.

Tkinter is fundamentally different in version 3 than in version 2.
Trying to use a module written for V2 Tkinter will almost certainly
not work on V3. The module structure and names have all been changed.

So if you are trying to use a single copy of Swampy on both v2
and v3 it will likely end in tears...

But I may be misreading your comments, or you may have two
versions installed.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site