[Tutor] Better way to check *nix remote file age?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:57:54 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:

> Raúl Cumplido, 27.06.2014 12:10:
> > I would recommend you to migrate your Python version for a newer one
> where
> > you can use fabric, paramiko or other ssh tools. It would be easier.
>
> +1
>
> Even compiling it yourself shouldn't be too difficult on Linux.

I'm not retro just for the heck of it. There's no reason to avoid Python
3.x but sometimes you just have to work with what you have.

Anyone willing to provide a couple million dollars and 12-18 months of free
24/7/365.25 support?  I have to work with four different operating systems
and three of the four have two versions. Most might have python installed
but some don't. My code has to be clean enough that people new to Python
can understand it when something goes south.

Somewhat sorry for the rant. I just get tired of people saying "upgrade"
when that's not an option.

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>