[Tutor] FW: Beginner - list not returning correct variable value

Marc Eymard marc_eymard at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:41:01 CET 2014

Hello Tutor,

Could somebody help me with below query?

Thanks
Marc

From: marc_eymard at hotmail.com
To: tutor at python.org
Subject: Beginner - list not returning correct variable value
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:12:28 +0000

Hello Tutor,

I am a self-taught Python script beginner and I do it from the Michael Dawson Book.

In attached script, can somebody tell me why the values of the variables strenght_points, health_points, wisdom_points and dexterity_points stay at 0 value when 'printing' their value from the list attributes[] when the 'for' loop at the bottom of the script runs.

I have commented out the script to highlight what causes me problem.

I hope this is clear enough a question.

Thanks for your help,
Marc