[Tutor] Help Noob Question

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu Mar 27 12:12:57 CET 2014

 Leo Nardo <waterfallroad at gmail.com> Wrote in message

 Im on windows 8 and i need to open a file called string1.py that is on my desktop, in both the interpreter and notepad++, so that i can work on it. I already have it open in notepad, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to open it in the interpreter. Invalid syntax is the error message when i type in""" python string1.py""""" into the interpreter! maybe a dumb question but i would appreciate the help for sure. thanks :)
(Please post in text mode, not html. Sometimes html is a pain on a
 text mailing list like this one. )

I'm assuming you're asking how to *run* your string1.py script.
 First you need a shell prompt.  For
Windows,  that's cmd.exe, which you usually get by opening a DOS box.

Then at the cmd prompt, you type
    python string1.py

That will start the interpreter,  import the script,  run the
 script,  and exit the interpreter.

--
DaveA