[Tutor] List of Lists for three Frames

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat May 17 15:26:28 CEST 2014

On 17/05/14 08:01, ani wrote:
> So I thought it would be cool to read a sequence at three different frames,

A sequence of what?
And whats a frame in this context?

>...I've come across a conundrum: how to make a list of lists.

outerlist = []
innerlist = [1,2,3]
outerlist.append(innerlist)
outerlist.append([4,5,6])

print (outerlist[1][1])  # prints 5

> type of frame with a + or a - to signify the direction of the read (+1,+2,
> +3, -1, -2, -3),

What does 'direction of the read mean'?

> the numerical position of each start codon a

Whats a codon?

This is a list for programmers learning python.
Do not assume any specialized domain knowledge.
If you can explain the problem in terms of
plain English and basic math then we can probably help.
If you use terms that are either ambiguous or too
specialized we will be lost and unable to assist.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site