[Tutor] How to create web interface?

P McCombs mccombs at imperium.org
Tue May 20 22:00:22 CEST 2014

On May 14, Danny Yoo wrote:
> > Another option might be to turn your program into a web site, so that
> > the interface is the web browser, which everyone is getting used to
> > these days.  But this, too, is also... involved.  :P

I have a little volunteer scheduling application I've written as a
module, with about a dozen functions, that reads and writes to a
Sqlite database. I'd like to run a web server on my machine just for
my local use.

I don't understand how precisely the web page would communicate with
the python program.

If anyone has a suggestion on specific modules, and tutorials to use
to create a web interface for a python program, I'd love to hear it.

I'm using python 2.7 on OSX Mavericks.
I'm fairly new to python. I have some experience with apache, and php,
I comfortable with HTML.

I'm also happy to know where a better forum for this question would be.

Thank you, Paul McCombs