[Tutor] Doubts about installing python3.1 in squeeze

Markos markos at c2o.pro.br
Thu May 22 15:17:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm learning Python and I'm using Debian 6.0 (squeeze)

The installed version is 2.6.6. (python -V)

I have seen some recommendations for beginners to invest in version 3.

I found package of Python 3.1 in repository for squeeze.

I am considering installing Python 3.1 with

apt-get install python3.1

But I found the site
http://www.circuidipity.com/python2-and-python3.html information on how
to keep the two versions using virtualenv.

Also I found in the /usr/bin python2.5 and python2.6

And in /usr/lib python2.4, python2.5 and python2.6

Can I just run apt-get install python3.1 or should I do any other
configuration?

I'm confused.

Are there any risk to install python3.1 and some programs stop working
on my debian squeeze?

Thanks for any tips?
Markos