[Tutor] cgi.FieldStorage() causing thread.error: can't allocate lock

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri May 23 17:19:14 CEST 2014

On 23/05/14 12:57, SABARWAL, SHAL wrote:
> Wondering if anyone came across this error in using form =
> cgi.FieldStorage()
>
> import tempfile
>
>                      File /tempfile.py", line 83, in <module> _once_lock
> = _allocate_lock()
>
>                          thread.error: can't allocate lock
>
> puthon version 2.7, on HP-UX 11.11

Since we can't see the code in tempfile.py we could ony guess
Also please include the full error traceback, that looks like
you have summarised it.

As it stands it is impossible to tell how tempfile.py relates to
cgi.FieldStorage() or even if the error is related to that
at all.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site