[Tutor] Library for .ppt to .txt conversion

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat May 31 13:32:59 CEST 2014

Aaron Misquith <aaronmisquith at gmail.com> Wrote in message:

 The only thing i want from the ppt's is text and ignoring all graphical representations. I
>  need the text to perform various nltk operations.

> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Bearing in mind that Powerpoint is intended for graphical presentations the text
>> elements are not necessarily going to be useful. Often Powerpoint text
>> is actually part of a graphic anyway.

1. please don't top-post.  Place your comments after the quoted
 text from the previous message. Please tell your mail program to
 use text, not html when posting here.

2. Alan has pointed out that there may not be any text in the ppt
 file,  but just image data that represents the text.   Similar to
 the way a scanned piece of paper has no text till you try to ocr
 it.

--
DaveA