[Tutor] Data chart

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Wed Nov 19 19:29:15 CET 2014

Mamy Rivo DIANZINGA wrote:

> Good morning Sir. Excuse me to bother you but i was wondering if you can
> help me, please Sir.
> I am looking for a script (in python or fortran...) which can turn the
> data from Iter.dat, that i joined for you,

$ cat Iter.dat
10_2/canofica.out: No iterations CP:                         14
10_2/lnvd.out: No iterations LNVD:                        4
10_2/msd.out: No iterations MSD:                        37
9_1/canofica.out: No iterations CP:                         16
9_1/lnvd.out: No iterations LNVD:                        6
9_1/msd.out: No iterations MSD:                        56

> into a chart like this:
>
>            canofica   lnvd    msd
> 10_2         ...      ....    ...
>  9_1         ...      ....    ...
>

> I hope i do not exagerate, and i will be very grateful to you if you can
> help me, for any script in python or fortran. Thank in advance.
> Best regards.

I'm sorry, this is not a coding service; but we can help you with the
problems that you as a newbie run into when you write code.

Do you know Python? Do you know how to open and read a file in Python, how
to split a string?

This would be the minimum you should know already. If you don't, step back
and find one of the many tutorials on the web and work through it. We are
ready to help you over the hurdles as they arise.