[Tutor] How to change the color of the title bar of the root window in Tkinter?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:39:41 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 26/11/14 16:48, boB Stepp wrote:
>>
>> Python 2.4.4
>> Solaris 10
>

> I can't find anything on this and I suspect that's because
> title bar colour is generally part of the user's preferred
> colour scheme. Even in Windoze the title bar colour is part
> of the users preferences. Colour-blind users don't like
> apps that mess with what they can read.

The application I am attempting to write will show up in the
foreground of our planning software. This planning software has its
own color scheme, which all of us are quite used to. As you might
guess, the Tkinter-produced windows do not match this scheme, not
anything close, and I am trying to discover ways to tweak my windows
to agree better with the planning software's display aesthetics.

--
boB