[Tutor] printing all text that begins with "25"

Bo Morris crushed26 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:41:49 CEST 2014

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well.

When I run the linux command "hamachi list" i get something along the lines
of the following output

       087-888-279   Pandora                    25.x.x.xxx       alias: not
set

       096-779-867   AM1LaptopBD-PC    25.x.x.xxx       alias: not set

       097-552-220   OWS-Desktop 1        25.0.0.0          alias: not set

       099-213-641   DESKTOP                 25.0.0.0          alias: not
set

I am trying to write a python script that will run the above command and
only print out the IP's that begin with 25. How do I strip out all other
text except for the IP's that begin with "25?"

Would it be best to send to a file first, then read the contents of the
file? Would I need to use regex? I know how to run the above command in
python. I also know how to send the output to a file and read the file;
however I cannot figure out how to strip all text out except for the IPs
that begin with "25."

Thanks

PS...Danny, still working on the "root" problem we discussed in previous
emails.