[Tutor] Scaling photos

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 7 03:10:57 CEST 2014

On 06/10/14 23:08, Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> I want to write a small script that scales photos. I want the scaled
> photos to keep all meta data available in the originals. I also want
> to keep this python only and easily installed on linux and OS X
> machines.
>
> What library would you people recommend for doing this?

Pillow
Its the Python 3 version of PIL but works with 2.7 too I think.
Most PIL tutorials will work for Pillow too.

Also consider ImageMagick. Its usually available in the package system
for Linux and can be downloaded for Macs too. It has a Python library.

HTH
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site