[Tutor] How best to structure a plain text data file for use in program(s) and later updating with new data?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:47:36 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> It looks like you have csv like data.  Except you have a semicolon as
> a separator.  Look at the csv module.  That should work for you

Joel, will the labels (like SERIAL_ROI:) cause me difficulties? I will
need to strip these off to get to the actual data. But when I
implement a data editor later, these labels will be needed (I think.).

I just now have located the documentation for python 2.4.4. It does
not seem to be as friendly or easy to read as for the current version
documentation. But I will persevere...

--
boB