[Tutor] Subprocess help

Crush crushed26 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 03:07:54 CEST 2014

Hey all, hope everyone is well.

I am trying to write a script that automates a certain task I have recently found myself doing a lot lately.

The command I need to run is "BYPASSROOT=yes ./octosetupBROADCASTER-linux_i386.bin"

I know how to use subprocess to execute the "./octosetup..." command, however the "BYPASSROOT=yes" is stumping me seeing how it is not really a unix command. I assume it is changing a variable within "octosetup...?" How do I get the "BYPASSROOT=yes" to be included in the subprocess.call?

I know i know "root" is bad, but with this, I have no choice.

Thanks

Bo