[Tutor] how to express shift+enter in python

Hilton Fernandes hgfernan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:07:03 CEST 2014

Dear all,

the reading of specific keys is sometimes a necessity. For instance: some
text fields will let you insert a newline in the block of text if you press
the combination Shift+Enter, while pressing the sole Enter key will cause
the whole text to be transmitted.

Unfortunately, reading these combinations tend to be specific to the
operating system yo use, and are not available to the standard Python
library, that AFAIK is more concerned with chars than with keys.

In the context of Python, i suppose that TCL/Tk probably has this feature
and windowing environments for Python like wxPython, PyGTK, and PyQt.

So, dear Ley Yang, would you mind please telling us what's the OS you're
using ? Maybe Window ? And please comment more about your programming
experience.

This list has a specific focus, but the experts here are certainly able to
recommend you to another list, if that's the case.

I wish a nice week to everybody everywhere. 8-)

All the best,
Hilton