[Tutor] Request review: A DSL for scraping a web page

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 2 13:17:44 CEST 2015

On 02/04/15 12:09, Dave Angel wrote:

> Ah, Jon Bentley (notice the extra 'e').  I should dig out my *Pearls
> books, and have a trip down memory lane.  I bet 95% of those are still
> useful, even if they refer to much earlier versions of language(s).

Yes, the Pearls books should be required reading for all new
programmers. The lessons are pretty timeless, it's only the
languages that change - and most of his examples seem to be
in a kind of pseudo Pascal dialect rather than real code anyway.

I believe they've been re-released as a single volume now.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site