[Tutor] Why is it invalid syntax to have a particular dictionary value as an argument?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:43:11 CEST 2015

Thanks, Joel! Thanks, Dave!

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:

[...]

> Now, it's possible that what you're trying to do is something that can be
> accomplished some other way.  So please elaborate on your purpose in using
> the syntax you did.  Or supply a small program that shows a function being
> defined and called, that would give meaning to the syntax you're trying.

I was breaking down longer functions into smaller ones. Along the way
I noticed I was passing an entire dictionary from one function to
another. I only needed to pass one particular value, not the whole
dictionary, so that is how I got into the issue I asked about. Once
you and Joel responded it was *obvious*. A bunch of years ago, it
would have been *obvious* and I never would have asked the question in
the first place. This is easy enough to correct now that I realize
what I was doing.

--
boB