[Tutor] Need some help with setuptools for my project.

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 8 02:11:30 CEST 2015

On 07Apr2015 21:20, Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I apologise, my method was for distutils, not setuptools. I get the two
>> muddled. The mechanism for creating a console script like you describe with
>> setuptools is described here[1]. The post you linked also has a section on
>> it under the heading ‘Executable scripts’. It allows for the multiple file
>> approach you have.
>>
>> This is it, here's what I did:
>
>I edited my setup.py and added the following:
>  entry_points={
>        'console_scripts':[
>            'scorer = scorer.app.main'
>            ]
>        },

My megacli module installs its "mcli" script like this:

    'entry_points': {
      'console_scripts': [
          'mcli = cs.app.megacli:main',
          ],

Note the ":" before main, not ".".

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

I think... Therefore I ride.  I ride... Therefore I am.
        - Mark Pope <erectus at yarrow.wt.uwa.edu.au>