[Tutor] How (not!) lengthy should functions be?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 17 00:40:09 CEST 2015

On 16/04/15 22:03, Alan Gauld wrote:

>> def percent2Gy(dose_percent, target_dose_cGy):
>>     """
>>     Convert a dose given as a percent of target dose into Gy (Gray).
>>     """
>>     dose_Gy = cGy2Gy((dose_percent / 100.0) * target_dose_cGy)
>>     return dose_Gy
>

> Note in this case you could just create an alias
>
> percent2GY = cGy2Gy

Except that the name would then be misleading - my bad!
The value that your function adds is the percentage calculation.

But if it is a straight renaming exercise then an alias would
be more appropriate than defining a new wrapper function.

Sorry, for the bad example.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site