[Tutor] name shortening in a csv module output

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 01:34:19 CEST 2015

> Apparently so. It looks like utf_8-sig just ignores the sig if it is
> present, and uses UTF-8 whether the signature is present or not.
>
> That surprises me.
>
> --
> Steve

I was looking things up and although there are aliases for utf_8 (utf8 and
utf-8) I see no aliases for utf_8_sig, so I'm surprised the utf-8-sig I
tried using, worked at all. Actually, I was trying to find the file where
the aliases are so I could change it and have utf_8_sig called up when I
used utf8, but it appears to be hard-coded.
--
Jim