[Tutor] Please disable “digest mode” before participating (was: Tutor Digest, Vol 134, Issue 86)

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 03:45:55 CEST 2015

On 25 April 2015 at 18:03, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Digest mode should only ever be used if you know for certain you will
> never be responding to any message.

That brings up a great shortcut if you use gmail. If you select some text
before reply that's All that is sent. Cuts way down on huge reply chains,
and saves mooching through your reply to delete all the garbola. However,
it has to be enabled in google labs:
http://blog.jgc.org/2013/01/the-greatest-google-mail-feature-you.html

I just used it to quote only the three lines above (if I got it right ;')

It could be some other mail services have this, too.  You'd have to look.

--
Jim

If you only had one hour left to live, would you spend it on Facebook,
Twitter, or Google Plus?