[Tutor] Please disable “digest mode” before participating

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun Apr 26 21:20:40 CEST 2015

On 04/26/2015 08:07 AM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Jim Mooney <cybervigilante at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 25 April 2015 at 18:03, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Digest mode should only ever be used if you know for certain you will
>>> never be responding to any message.
>>
>> That brings up a great shortcut if you use gmail. If you select some
>> text before reply that's All that is sent.
>
> That doesn't reply to the original message. So it lacks the threading
> provided by the “In-Reply-To” field, since you're not replying to the

When I used to subscribe here using digest, and reading with
Thunderbird, I'd see each message as an attachment.  To reply to one, I
first opened the appropriate attachment, and did a Reply-List to it.
WOrked well.

I took a quick look, for another forum which I monitor using the digest,
and it looks like the same approach would still work.  For occasional
posting.

--
DaveA