[Tutor] Fwd: circular movement in pygame

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 30 00:21:08 CEST 2015

On 29/04/15 21:19, diliup gabadamudalige wrote:

> It is partly due to curiosity but I also wanted to have a common update
> method. And as I almost always use the x+= some code, y+=some code for
> animation stuff I wanted to know how it could be done using this method
> rather than finding each position separately and assigning with x= some
> code, y = some code (new position).

OK, Curiosity is good.
But the conversion is mainly a math challenge rather than a
programming one. And its a very seductive but dangerous mind
set to try to force a problem into a pattern that fits how
you usually do it. Especially if the transformed code looks
less intuitive than the original.

When I started in Python it didn't even have the += style
of augmented assignment, it was mainly introduced to save
some typing, nothing more.

Remember that += is still an assignment to x. It is not
significantly different or in any way 'better' than
the standard assignment. In languages like C '+='  (and
even more so '++' which doesn't exist in Python) used to
result in performance improvements but optimising
compilers have removed even that reason for using it.
Now it should just be considered a typing shortcut.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site