[Tutor] OT: Test to see if ibisMail app is truly sending in plain text

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:05:29 CEST 2015

On 2 Aug 2015 Oscar Benjamin wrote:

> Have you tried using the Gmail app?

Yes.  That is my normal mail app.

> I'm using the Gmail app here on my phone. I've just looked at your message,
> hit reply-all and then "respond inline". Then I can see/edit the
> attribution line and your message. I've not had complaints with using the
> list this way (perhaps I'm inviting them now though!)

That is how it works on my Nexus 5 phone, though I have not attempted to send an email to this list yet from it.  However, on my iPad, this functionality is not present in the Gmail App.  Why it would not be beats me, but unless there is a hidden setting or gesture I have missed, both by futzing around my actual iPad as well as searching the 'Net, then it is not available.
--
boB