[Tutor] Where should unit test files go in a project directory structure and some related questions?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 16 22:59:11 CEST 2015

On 16/08/15 20:46, Alex Kleider wrote:

> Where/how is the best place/way to set PYTHONPATH?
> I've never been clear to me if it's part of the shell (bash)
> environment or part of the python interpreter's environment.

The environment is user specific, so whichever shell the
user has (zsh, tcsh, bash etc) sets the environment.
When you launch a command that environment is inherited
by the command, so the Python interpreter inherits the
user environment from which it is launched.

This can be a cause of obscure bugs when one user has
a different environment to another (eg the developer!)

Usually there is a global environment set up in the
/etc versions of the shell but a user can overwrite
those settings.

HTH
--
Alan G