[Tutor] Writing back to same CSV in the next column

Nym City nymcity at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 23:42:55 CEST 2015

Hello,
Thank you for your guidance. Using your pseudocode I have put together the following:
____

import socket
import csv

in_file = open('top500ips.csv', 'r')
out_file = open('top500ips_out.csv', 'w')

for line in in_file:
    try:
        name = socket.gethostbyaddr(line.strip())
        out_file.write(line + '\t' + (str(name))
    except socket.herror:
        out_file.write(line + '\t' + errrMsg)

in_file.close()
out_file.close()
-----
I am getting few errors. Such as, I had to add 'str" in front of (name) to address TypeError: Can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly.
Also, not sure why I keep getting SyntaxError: invalid syntax pointing to the except line.
Please advise.
Thank you.

 Thank you.