[Tutor] pip install in a virtualenv *without* internet?

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Wed Aug 19 11:27:41 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-18 19:32, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> To install without going out to the internet, you can use these
> arguments:
>
>     pip install --no-index --find-links=/path/to/download/directory
> <packages>

For this to work, /path/to/download/directory would, I assume, first
have to be populated.
I further assume that running wget from within that directory might do
the trick.
Can you suggest the correct parameter(s) that need to be provided?
If anyone happens to know approximately how much file space would be
required, that would be helpful.
Thanks,
Alex
(using python 3.4, Linux- Ubuntu LTS (14.4))