[Tutor] [Tkinter-discuss] tkinter file dialog pattern matching (fwd)

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Aug 23 16:00:50 CEST 2015

More goodies from Michael Lange

------- Forwarded Message
From: Michael Lange <klappnase at web.de>
To: tkinter-discuss at python.org

if you only need to hide hidden files, please see my other post. If you
need a more versatile file dialog widget, you might want to consider
wrapping an existing tcl widget for tkinter, this is usually rather easy
once you understand how it is done (all you need is mostly the man page
and a little time) and might save you a lot of headaches.
One example that might be interisting is here:

http://chiselapp.com/user/schelte/repository/fsdialog/index

You might also want to try the Tix.ExFileSelectDialog, it is rather
dated, but actually has a switch to toggle hidden files on/off and
wildcard filtering capabilities. Unfortunately here with debian jessie I
can only test it with Tcl, with python for some reason I get a
segfault :-(

Best regards

Michael
------- End of Forwarded Message