[Tutor] [Tkinter-discuss] tkinter file dialog pattern matching (fwd)

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Aug 23 18:20:19 CEST 2015

In a message of Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:45:11 +0200, Laura Creighton writes:
>segfaults debian sid, too.
>
>Laura

Updating to Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul  1 2015, 10:54:53) and
installing the tix-dev debian package, instead of just tix ... and
I am not sure which of these fixed the problem, because serious I
just did this to help me _find_ what I assumed would still be there ....
made the problem go away.

So this minimal program with Python2 syntax looks like what
Chris Roy-Smith was looking for in the first place.

Laura

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

from Tkinter import *
from Tkconstants import *
import Tix
from Tkconstants import *
root = Tix.Tk()

def print_selected(args):
    print('selected dir:', args)

def pathSelect():
    d =Tix.ExFileSelectDialog(master=root, command=print_selected)
        d.popup()

button = Button(root, text="dialog", command=pathSelect)
button.pack()

root.mainloop()