[Tutor] filtering listed directories

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 24 18:35:31 CEST 2015

On 22/08/15 15:42, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In the meantime, I have found this:
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/research/demeter/course/projects/demdraw/www/tickle/u3/tk3_dialogs.html
>
> which looks like, if we converted it to tkinter, would do the job, since
> all it wants is a list of files.

I just had a go at this but unfortunately it uses a C++ library to do
the actual dialog creation. Various lines like:

#this is where the open & save stuff happens
     if {$boxflag == "open"} {
          set filename $entry
         # A file is being opened, so we call the c++ function to open a
file.
         # We call function cppOpenCD in the iGraph object, passing it
the file
         set retVal [$iGraph cppOpenCD: $entry]

So the cppOpenCD call in the iGraph library is the key to whatever
is going on here. Busted again... :-(

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site