[Tutor] aws/cloud questions..

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sat Aug 29 02:37:29 CEST 2015

In a message of Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:24:29 -0400, bruce writes:
>Evening group!
>
>Hope wee'all doing well, having fun. yada yada..!!
>
>I'm considering taking a dive into the "cloud" with an app that would
>be comprised of distributed machines, running py apps, talking to db
>on different server(s), etc..
>
>So, I was wondering if anyone has good docs/tutorials/walk through(s)
>that you can provide, or even if someone is willing to play the role
>of online mentor/tutor!!

First you need to learn, more or less cold, how to build an app
that runs on one machine, talking to a db.  Then from one machine
talking to another with a db there.

This is a lot of work.  You should be very busy for about a month
if you more or less do nothing else.  If you need to learn python
as well, as what this list is for, add another 6 months.

Then, when that is done, go ask this question again, not in
tutor but in python-list.  Saying that you have learned how to
make a client server, etc .... with the things you will have
learned over the last 6 months.

This 'distributed machines and different servers' idea you have, well,
it makes your problem one not for beginners, indeed there are lots of
experts who aren't experts _about this_ who could not solve it, in the
same way that brilliant cellular-biogists don't do solid-state physics
all that well, and vice versa.

If this is what you want to create, we can definitely teach you enough
to do it, but it will take a lot of time.  And you need to work on
something hugely simpler first.

still, it is a grand vision! :)  I am all for that! :)  dreams are great! :)
Laura