[Tutor] Python 3.5 console logging

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 1 05:06:22 EST 2015

On 30/11/15 21:50, Tyler Smithers wrote:

> find out how to code python into recording everything that happens when i
> run the program. And can you please help me soon because i don't have much
> time. Thank you!

You need to be a bit more precise about how you define an "event".
Everything that happens on your computer even during a few seconds
is a vast amount of information(every mouse movement, keystroke, network
data arriving/leaving, disk activity, monitor updates
etc etc). Even recording everything that your code does is
still quite a lot.

Normally in an event log you set some values to determine
exactly what things you want to record (eg opening a file,
reading input from users, changing key variables etc)

If you can clarify exactly what you want this event log to
look like it will help both you and us figure out how to
create it. Try mocking up the expected output and showing
us what you'd like to see

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site