[Tutor] Python 2 vs Python 3

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 21 04:12:10 EST 2015

On 21/12/15 04:34, vrkratheesh at live.com wrote:
> Hi I am starting to learn Python with the help of head first python.
> I have installed python 2.x.x.
> But the book is explaining python 3 syntaxes.

There are many differences between v2 and v3, not only in syntax but in
module structure and content. It will be easier if you install Python v3
sooner rather than later.

The only real reason to use Python v2 nowadays is if some special module
or package that you need is only available for v2, but that's
increasingly uncommon and as a beginner probably not an issue for you.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site