[Tutor] mutiply file download

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 26 05:58:20 EST 2015

On 25/12/15 09:12, Dima Kulik wrote:
>  Hi to all.
> Can you tell me, how can I make an asynchronous file downloading?

You can use threading to start parallel tasks.
There is a how-to tutorial on threading on the python
web site.

Another option if you use Python 3.4 is the async modules.

> I have a list of links from where to get files, but I'd like
> to save time and make all downloads parallel.

Remember that you probably only have one network connection
so all the data still has to come through that one connection.
While running two streams in parallel will probably be
effective more than that may not give you much advantage,
certainly it will be a case of diminishing returns.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site