[Tutor] trouble with beautiful soup

marcus lütolf marcus.luetolf at bluewin.ch
Sat Dec 26 06:23:44 EST 2015

Hi Walter, dear pythonistas,

thank you !
replacing „beautifulsoup“ by „bs4“ in my code (2nd line) does not relieve the trace back I get.

In my directory C:\Python27\Lib I find the folder „beautifulsoup4-4-4-1“ in first place and the file „setup.py“ further down

Upon opening „beautifulsoup4-4-4-1“,  „bs4“ appears as another folder among others and some  .py files.

(C:\Python27\Lib\beautifoulsoup4-4-4-1\bs4\)

2 days ago I watched a youtube video about installing beautifulsoup. There, the bs4 folder appeared direct in the Lib folder :

C:\Python27\Lib\bs4\.

Could this cause my trouble ?

By the way, I am using W10 64 bit as OS.

Regards, Marcus.