[Tutor] mySQL and Python

Beatrice Perez b.perezmila at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:49:43 CET 2015

Hi,

I am looking for tools to use mySQL and python. I saw in a question posted
in Stack Overflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23376103/python-3-4-0-with-mysql-database)
that mySQLdb is not compatible with python 3 but the post was 9 months ago.
I haven't been able to find updated information (maybe because I'm not sure
how to look...)

I found the mySQL/Python connector but in the python versions supported,
the last one listed is 3.3. I have 3.4 does this mean that it won't work?

I have only ever used php with mySQL so I need some help. What would be the
best library/extension to get? If I use mySQLdb or PyMySQL would I need the
connector as well?

thanks for your help,
--Beatrice